ANIMAL CARE LEAGUE EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
ANIMAL CARE TECHNICIAN - PART TIME
The Animal Care Technician is responsible for providing quality animal care on a daily basis. Candidates must possess a strong work ethic, the desire and willingness to learn about sheltering animals and be a team player. Desired candidates have the capacity to handle physically and emotionally stressful situations. Compassion for people as well as animals is essential.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Morning care of animal areas which include picking up fecal matter, cleaning and disinfecting of kennels and cages, washing litter pans, sweeping and mopping floors, laundry and dish washing.
- The Animal care Technician also prepares and provides the animals with food and water, administers medications, alerts the animal managers upon the first sign of illness or injury of an animal, assists with vaccinations, and helps to monitor sick, quarantined and injured animals.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of animals and the components necessary for their care; cats, dogs, rabbits, animal bedding, hay, etc.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- One year animal related experience required.
- Self-starter, high school graduate over 18 years of age.
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume to Marci Watt, Shelter Manager, 1011 Garfield, Oak Park, IL 60304 or email to: email@example.com.