The Chatka Ruggiero Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
Cat Spay $35 / Cat Neuter $25
(available for all felines 4 months through 9 years of age)
Dog Spay or Neuter $110
Please read the following for some important information as the
following policies apply for you and your pet.
What you need to know about ACL Spay/Neuter Surgery
We believe that spay and neuter is vital to reducing the number of homeless animals on the streets and in the shelter systems. We offer low cost spay and neuter surgeries in the Animal Care League’s Clinic at 1011 Garfield, Oak Park, IL. All surgery is done by appointment and is performed by a licensed Veterinarian. Animal must be at least 4 months (16 weeks) of age. To schedule an appointment please call 708-848-8155.
- Animals must be dropped off on the day of surgery between 8:00am and 8:30am. Dogs are required to be on leash. Cats are required to arrive in cat carriers.
- Animals scheduled surgery are picked up between 3pm and 4pm the same day; A $50/day fee will be assessed for any animal not picked up by the required time.
- Payment for all services rendered by the Animal Care League are due at the time animals are DROPPED OFF at the shelter. We accept cash, personal checks with photo ID, and Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- Due to the increased risks associated with anesthesia, surgery, or recovery in the following pets, our clinic will not perform surgeries on dogs over 6 years of age or cats that are over ten years of age. We do not perform surgery on dogs over 75 pounds.
- We do not spay dogs in heat. If your dog is in heat you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- We perform spay and neuter for dogs for $110.
- We currently offer spay and neuter of cats for only $35 for a spay/$25 for a neuter.
- We require that all pets have proof that they are current on their Distemper vaccinations. The County requires that all animals are current on their rabies vaccinations. Proof of these vaccinations will be requested at the time of drop off for surgery. If your pet is not up to date, these vaccinations will be provided the day of surgery. Distemper vaccinations are $20 (DA2PP for dogs/FVRCP for cats). One year rabies vaccination is $20 and includes rabies certificate and tag.
In addition to reducing the number of unplanned and unexpected litters, there are other health benefits to spaying and neutering your pets. These include:
- Reduced risk of mammary (breast) cancer
- Eliminate risk of pyometra (infection in the uterus)
- Eliminate risk of testicular cancer and prostatic hyperplasia
- Reduced urine marking and urine spraying behaviors
- Reduced urge to “roam” and get lost
- Reduced mounting and mating behaviors
- Possible decreased aggression between dogs